Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Harvest

I was so determined to use this fabulous pumpkin stamp from Verve's latest Fall Release...but as I started paper piecing it, I got WAAAAYY over my head!! LOL  So I decided to watercolour it :)  I stamped the image onto watercolour paper with Versafine Onyx (my goto black ink), then applied the ink with my aquapen. Notice too that I took my purple and black ink pads and sponged a bit on to add a worn look to the panel.  I also wanted so much to use some of this gorgeous Halloween ribbon that I first saw on Ann's blog before jumping into the car and heading to Michaels to buy my own :)  So who do you send a "Happy Harvest" card to?  Well, I have the perfect people for this card...the lovely couple who owns the farm and pumpking patch where I took my class last week.  They are the sweetest :)  I always have the kids write a little thankyou note so I thought this could be my note to them :)  They definitely have a harvest!! LOL  I'm using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch as the big oval was perfect for the pumpkin stamp.  The only tricky thing was the layering of the background papers...I had all my orange, green and purple paper out and it was driving me crazy!! LOL  I had to make sure the paper didn't upstage that ribbon!!! Hola!!! LOVE IT!!  Before I go, I wanted to share a picture of our pumpkin last night.  It's the pumpkin I got at the farm last week.  Tony carved it Saturday night ready for Sunday :)  And because we were going to make our little pumpkin sick (too much candy!), Tony added some sad eyes to him....isn't it sweet?  LOL  Have a great day...I'm off to see if my class is super tired or super hyper!! LOL


what's in it?
stamps: verve bountiful harvest
ink: versafine onyx, su pumpkin, mustard, kiwi, plum
paper: pti black, plum,kraft, su kiwi, watercolour paper, basicgrey, dcwv, pti dps
accessories: oval nestablities, pti button, twine, gemstones, Michaels ribbon

6 comments:

TannyP said...

Awwww! Your poor pukey punkin =) Good thing your card pumpkins are much healthier! Love that ribbon! Your layers are perfect!

Marisa said...

Fun ribbon!! Can fully appreciate why you wanted it to stand out :) My son would have loved to be at your house. He wanted to make puking pumpkin and I wouldn't let him, mean mommy that I am LOL!

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely card! That ribbon is so pretty! Funny pumpkin too...your so clever! :)

Vickie Z said...

Ribbon is gorgeous!! Paper piecing the grouping of pumpkins "would" be a project!! Pumpkin is toooo cute!!

Kristina said...

Hehe. I love the sick pumpkin! Too cute! The sad eyes are adorable! As for the kids... Mine were somewhere in the middle of exhausted and hyper... They were VERY done by the end of the day, so I'm going to lean toward tired. :)

The ribbon on your card is so much fun! I love the Halloween colors (love to look at them 'cause I'm scared to use them myself, lol)!

Winter said...

Cute card! I love that ribbon and what a funny pumpkin! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...