Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas is Love

christmasislove

Hi friends!!! Today’s card is my next Guest Designer card for Stacey’s Curtain Call Colour challenge this week :)  When I saw the 2 greens, I thought of my pti Christmas tree die :) I used some SU Christmas designer paper from a few years ago.  I love the subtle texture of the image on it.  Then I thought of my favourite go-to sketch :)   I knew I would be using it at least once this month!! LOL  I added silver cording to the button ornaments to add some glitter and spruce up the tree along with the ‘buttons and bling’  hehehe.  This little sentiment is from the SU set Contempo Christmas and is one of the reasons I bought the set (along with its fabulous ornament stamp!).  I hope you’ll come over and check out the challenge this week…make a Christmas card and you’ll have one more made!! 

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments

Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper

Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes

Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs

Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio

 Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper

Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation

Silke Ledlow at My Life

then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

curtain call 60 at weddingsfresh

Okay, one last thing to show you before I sign off.  I was at our Chapters Bookstore last week and picked up this fun little white board for my computer desk.  I use too many sticky notes and thought it would put an end to that.  It comes with a little magnet as well, so I hung a tag on it as it’s hard to see. My to-do list is much longer, but you get the idea :)  Isn’t it adorable?  Hmm, these two things are done so I can put a check beside them now!!  Have a lovely Sunday!!

signature

IMG_2260

 

what’s in it?

stamps: su contempo christmas

ink: su choc chip

paper: pti white, su real red, retired Christmas dp; basicgrey dp

accessories; pti medium scallop and tree dies; su celery grosgrain, pti buttons, gemstones, silver cording, Michaels heart button, stitching, cuttlebug ef, silver brads corner chomper

18 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning Maureen :)!!! Your x-mas card is gorgeous! I was thinking the same thing about the tree...but couldn't make it fit with my sketch :(.... ! I love how you decorate your sweet tree though...the heart button is perfect with the sentiment!
Have a wonderful Sunday!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynn said...

Beautiful card Maureen...loving all those buttons!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Maureen! Love that tree with the cute buttons... great lay-out! :o)

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Maureen! That tree die is on my very long wish list!

Jackie Pedro said...

Maureen, your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I just love that tree from PTI!! Have a great Sunday, my friend!

Aimes said...

Is it wrong that I'm trying to take a peek at your stamp sets behind that super sweet white board?! LOL!
Loooooove the green on this beauty (and that sketch!) you totally rock at decorating Christmas trees...wanna come do ours?!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Love the DP you used for the tree - looks like sparkling lights on it :) Great use of the heart button by the sentiment and your go to sketch was perfect :) Only one more week of school!! Enjoy having Tony home ;)

Jen said...

LOVE this card!

Christina said...

Ooooh, I love this! This tree die is one of my favorite go-to images for holiday cards, and you've embellished it so perfectly What a fabulous design!

Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen! I love your button & bling tree, & the sentiment is wonderful!

Michelle Woerner said...

LOVE this girlie! You keep using this tree perfectly and love the button/bling ornaments! Hugs,

Maureen Reiss said...

gorgeous card! love that tree!!

Vickie Z said...

Lovin the tree and use of the colors. Love the brown panel with lines. Enjoy your week!!

Jean Martin said...

Goodness this is beautiful! I love that tree dye!!! I wish I had gotten it!!!!!! And I love how you decorated it!!!! Gorgeous card!!! :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a sweet card! love the red decorations! I can't wait to use this die. Hopefully this week! I may have to case this card!

Heidi said...

Maureen this is adorable! I love the die for the tree. But question for you: the background lined paper is that DSP or do you have a library card stamp? I thought you had something like this, can you tell me where you got it if you do? Thanks!

TannyP said...

Those colors are fantastic and you've rocked them! I think I might have to play along =) Loving your super cute tree in that paper and the beautiful buttons, ribbons & bling!

Unknown said...

This is so fabulous Maureen!! Love how you decorated the tree! Great use of those colors too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...