Thursday, January 27, 2011

You Go Girl! My January Diva Dare

yougogirl
ETA: the deets about the flowers are at the end of this post :)  Thanks for the overwhelming interest!!

Good morning!!  Today’s post is a special one as it’s my debut on the Diva side of the fabulous new Diva Dare Challenge.  I’m wrapping things up over on the Verve Blog today.  Being the youngest in a family of 6, I’m used to being last…last to grow up, last to graduate, WAY last to get married (lol!).  My ideas for this one kept changing over the week…UNTIL I noticed one of my 7 year old female students wear the sweetest little zippered flower party shoes to school.  I just had to take a picture of them and she kept asking “Why do you need a picture of my shoes?”  Aren’t they fun?


IMG_4639


I then thought of my sweet little niece, Ava, who is around the same age.  She is the last girl grandchild in our family so her (and her twin brother!) are the “babies,” no matter what age they are! LOL  So with “zippers,” my sweet and patient-with-the-boys-in-our-class girl students and my sweet “baby girl” niece in mind, I created this card.  I used a stamp from Text Objects to make a black border, then stamped “Baby Girl” from To the Moon in different colours to match the zipper.  I love this “You Go Girl” sentiment from the same To the Moon set.  With zipper flowers on my brain, I wanted to make (YES “make with my own hands with the help of an Etsy tutorial!” lol ) a fun zipper flower hair band to wrap up as a little gift.  I have only one son so I’m always fascinated by how my girl students and niece are wearing their hair on any given day.


headband
Of course, the hair band needs to be wrapped in some fun packaging with a fabulous matching tag…


bagcard


Oh, I just love using this Sweet Treat stamp with the Sweet Scallop die :)  Here’s a closeup…


justforyoutag


I know some of you have already entered this fun, fun contest…but if you haven’t, you have until Midnight (MST) Saturday to do so and win some Verve Goodies…see all the deets on the Verve Blog.  Do you DARE?  lol….just had to add that :)  Have a great Thursday :)  Come back tomorrow for my Viva La Verve card…warning..it’s pretty girly girly!! LOL  Hugs!!
signature

what’s in them?

 

{You Go Girl}

stamps: verve text objects, to the moon

ink: versafine onyx, pti raspberry fizz, su taken with teal, kiwi kiss

paper: pti white

accessories: pti felt, stitching, gemstones, su ribbon, pti button, zipper, bakers twine

 

{Just for You tag}

stamps: verve sweet treats

ink: pti raspberry fizz, versafine onyx

paper: pti raspberry fizz, cream, black, red, basicgrey sugar rush dp

accessories: verve sweet scallop die, pti tag die, circle punch, pti button, ek success border punch, bakers twine, MS felt heart, gemstones, stitching

zipper flower on card tutorial HERE
zipper daisy tutorial bought HERE on Etsy

11 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Wow! This card is fabulous! I love the multi-coloured zipper! You picked up some great things at the fabric store! I think this flower does a lot more for this zipper than any hoody or jacket would! Love all the details on the card. That headband looks store-bought! But nicer! ;)

TannyP said...

That headband....wow! I can't believe you made it =) Amazing job on your first Diva Dare project!

Unfortunately, I didn't make the VLV challenges...but I'm still going to get 'em done eventually. Such fabulous inspiration!

Jen said...

LOVE the card and gift tag! Super cute!

Oh, and I wanted to let you know I gave you an award on my blog. You can check it out here:
http://framefanatic.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Luanne said...

I was hoping you had some info on that zipper flower..? It is SO cool! Love your projects today. :-)

Winter said...

TOO CUTE! I bought some zippers months ago, with the hopes of making some zipper flowers, but I still haven't! Your projects make me want to go get them and make one! :) I bought a headband with a zipper flower on it, so I could see hoe to make it, but yours is WAY better! I need to make my daughter one. :)

Winter said...

That was suppose to say "HOW" to make it! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome, Maureen! Fantastic Diva Dare debut! YOU go girl!

Marisa said...

You go girl! Looks like your trip to the fabric store was successful in the zipper category :)

That is one fabulous flower for that headband!! Looks like you had a lot of fun making this one and the one on the card. I'm sure she'll love it! Sure all her friends are going to want one too - you could have a little sideline business here LOL!

Great project from the other side of the fence (((hugs)))

Andrea Ewen said...

Yay, Moe! You rocked this dare, my dear! Such a wildly creative project, I love those recycled zippers! Fabulous card, awesome headband and super fine tags! This is such a great idea, it's going to get to the point that we'll never have to throw anything away! (Well, maybe that's a bit exaggerated~) Rock on, girl!

Lynn said...

Maureen..my goodness...this entire post is amazing! I love everything and I love to create for my nieces too! My favorite bit is the colored stamps above the black text...what a great pop on that card...you are so talented..I think you are the Queen Diva!!

Rose said...

Aren't you just too creative, art with zippers. Your work is awesome and I'm sure a conversation piece. Excellent work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...