Monday, February 7, 2011

Love You ~ PTI Make It Monday

loveyou

Good evening!!  I’m posting tonight as I’ve been trying to keep up with all the festivities over on the Papertrey Ink blog.  My card tonight is for the Make It Monday: Go to Sentiments Challenge.  You make a card using several different sentiments with the same theme.  As Valentine’s Day is coming, I thought it would be fun to make a “Love” card :)  I went through my stacks of PTI sets and pulled out the ones with “love” words.  I’ve used EIGHT sets to create this card!! ACK!! lol  Here’s a few pictures of them lined up on the panel before stamping…

stampsdesk

stamps

As you can tell, some are brand new and some are very well loved!! LOL  After I was satisfied with the layout, I started stamping the main image in black and the rest in Versamark.  Here’s the final result…

finishstamped

Then I punched out the heart, rounded the corners, added ribbon, some buttons and bling (of course!) and attached it to the card base with some foam adhesive :)  I really love how it turned out…a little of Dawn and Maile are in this one :)  I just had to use melon berry and raspberry fizz with the kraft…doesn’t get much yummier than that :)  Thanks for stopping by!!  Sweet dreams…

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti heart prints, round and round, love lives here, mega mixed messages, everyday classics, signature greetings, heart print sentiments, say it with style

ink: versafine onyx, versamark

paper: pti kraft, sweet symphony dp

accessories: heart punch, pti buttons, ribbon, gemstones, thread, corner chomper

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Great take on the challenge. Wish I had more sets to be able to play along. Mind you, I don't really have time this week/month anyway. Good luck. Great card :)

Justine said...

This turned out awesome. Love your take on the PTI challenge. Great job

Melisa Hunter said...

Oh my gosh, Maureen! This is gorgeous. I love how the stylized "love you" is in black and the rest of the sentiments are in versamark. Beautiful colour combo!

Heidi said...

Maureen this is a great V'day card! I love all the words put together and that little heart punch out is perfect girl! I may just need to do a little CASE of sorts.

TannyP said...

I absolutely loved what they did with this idea and can't wait to make one of these cards. I'm finding myself needing a lot of birthday cards so I finally sucked in, took a deep breath and placed my second PTI order. YIKES! Sure isn't pretty to get the bill, but I can't wait to use all my new goodies.
This card is incredible! (And now that I've ordered, I wish I could go back and re-add on the stylish set you highlighted. Oh well - there's always next time!

Aimes said...

Y'see - this is total justification for needing all those PTI sets! LOL!
Lovin' that sweet heart aperture, Diva!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Pam W. said...

You have totally rocked this layout! Love the way you punched the heart so the pattern paper could show through. Way to go!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this card and the big bold sentiment! Great take on the challenge!!

nancy said...

Great take on the sentiments challenge. Fabulous button placement. And congratulations on being the grand Moxie challenge winner.

Erica said...

Beautiful! I love your color combo!

Sue Lelli said...

Maureen, I just LOVE this card! LOVE the music background and all the yummy stamping! LOVE the colors and that FAB heart! Great card!

Nicki S said...

Oh wow...this card is just yummy-licious! Love your layout and all those sentiments. Beautiful card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...