Sunday, March 6, 2011

May You Always Walk in Sunshine

St. Pat’s Fact: He eventually settled in France and studied in a monastery under St. Germain, bishop of Auxerre for a period of twelve years. During his training he became aware that his calling was to convert the pagans to Christianity.  Patrick spent twenty years of his life as a monk in Marmoutier Abbey. There he again received a celestial visitation, this time calling him to return to the land where he had been enslaved.

walkinsunshine

Good evening!! Well, I am done the bulk of the report card writing…I will proof read them tomorrow night and then I can get back to enjoying some serious studio time!  A few of my favourite challenges have sadly said farewell (the latest is Stacey’s fabulous Curtain Call Colour Challenge) so I’ve been looking around for some new ones to follow.  I’ve participated in the Waltzing Mouse challenge a few times and was inspired again this week, although it is a tough field of competition.  BUT, it’s not always about being “picked” as beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I stamp for the joy it brings me.  I didn’t think I would make many St. Patrick’s day cards this year…I know you may think that is strange as it’s my favourite day of the year and my birthday.  They are not a big seller like Christmas cards, birthday cards, etc.  But I do have a few Irish friends that appreciate a good Irish Blessing anytime of year, so I’ve tried to make my cards a little more elegant and versatile.  I hope you’ve had  a lovely weekend…thanks for visiting :)

signature WMS37-sketch_thumb1

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzing mouse Irish Blessings, PTI luck of the Irish

ink: versafine onyx, su wild wasabi

paper: pti kraft, white, su wasabi

accessories: square nestabilities, pti banner die, button, linen thread, sheer ribbon,

11 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Such an elegant card, Maureen. Love the clean lines and how you've showcased that "sketch" of an Irish farmhouse. The little shamrocks are sweet little additions!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this, Maureen. Lovely design and your images work so well with this week's sketch challenge. I'm so happy you decided to join us this week for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge.

Marisa said...

There is a great Veggie Tale that has this story on it and I just love watching it. Darling CAS card using the sketch. Glad to hear you are in the final throws of report card writing! If, and that's a big if, all goes well, I'll be done working for hubby by the end of this weekend!! I sooo miss my stamping time.

Lynn said...

Such a clean card...I love the scallops around the edges...this card makes me happy!

Pauline said...

Love this, it's a beautiful stlish card. I do like how you have left the house uncoloured, and the ribbon is a great addition.

Aimes said...

Couldn't agree more, Diva! It's not about the winning but the fun and inky journey we take :)
This card is a true beauty in my eyes - you just know I can't resist not only a green button, but a green sparkly button! My, oh, my! It's ♥!
Also love that you kept the image without colour - so effective!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Beate said...

I love your card, Maureen. I was close to purchasing this set. I think your card might have pushed me over the edge.
Hugs and smiles

TannyP said...

Oh no! I hadn't heard about the Curtain Call =( You certainly made the most of this Waltzing Mouse challenge. Lovely job!

Savitri said...

This is very lovely! Thanks for playing with the WMSC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Lovely card Maureeen! Love the little clovers! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

That cottage stamp is one of my favs! love how crisp this card looks with the white and green - thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...