Monday, March 28, 2011

Postcard to Grandma

grandma

Good morning!!  Well, it’s the first day back after Spring Break…wish me luck! LOL  I was playing around with my new Tim Holtz Postcard stamp set yesterday.  I  just love all the different postcard images from it and thought it would be fun to create a little postcard message for it using some Verve stamps.  The main panel on Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch today was the perfect size for a postcard! I also tried a new shape for my chipboard frame as well as some new Tattered Angels chalkboard spray.  I have some old Hero Arts postage and French script stamps and added those as well :)  I will definitely be making more of these ;)  Hope you have an amazing start to your week.  Thanks for popping by :)  Oh, the new Diva Dare challenge starts today…head over to the Verve Blog for all the deets!!

signature

189459_213299568686878_131447120205457_969241_2345569_n

what’s in it?

stamps: verve because of you, pti damask designs, tim holtz postcards, waltzingmouse labels 5 and 10, various hero arts postage stamps

ink: versafine onyx, su rose red, basic grey, close to cocoa

paper: pti kraft, basicgrey  and pink paiselee dps

accessories: labels 10 and oval nestabilities, chipboard coaster, pti buttons, pearl brad, twine, lace trim, tattered angels mist, pearls, crochet flower

6 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

What a sweet card, Maureen. It looks like a real postcard! Love all the little touches you've added.

Marisa said...

Love the pop of red from the DP ad the nestie sentiment panel is fabulous. Hoping today goes okay :)

Ann said...

What a sweet sentiment! Love the buttons & pearls, too!

Lynn said...

Isn't Tim Holtz amazingly talented? I have a couple of his dies...and his scissors are a must have...I have two pairs...don't tell :) I love this card...I need a Verve sentiment with Nana for my mum and grandmother!! Hope your first day back at school was a smooth one...does the countdown start for the end of the year now?

Janelle Stollfus said...

How ingenius! I love it, Maureen. You rock! (off to go double check I have both of those sets.)

Janelle Hayes said...

Pretty funny... I looked at the most recent comment and thought, "I don't remember commenting on this card before." And then realized it wasn't me -- it was another Janelle! haha! So, anyway, I LOVE this card. Brilliant use of the "Because of You" set by pairing it with the postcard. I may have to use this idea for a card for my mom. She would treasure it. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...