Monday, June 27, 2011

Someone So Special

sospecial

Good morning, friends :)  The last time I used this sentiment, it was for a sweet teacher retirement card.  Today, however, it is for a sympathy card.  Yesterday at mass I found out that a former colleague and friend had passed away.  I knew she had been ill, but wasn’t quite sure how things were going.  I saw her daughter’s wedding announcement in Saturday’s paper and was hopeful that she was feeling better with a wedding to celebrate.  Unfortunately, Saturday was when she passed.  I had been designing a card for the CR84FN colour challenge in my head this morning, but when I heard this sad news, I changed it to be a sympathy card that I’ll give to the family.  My dear friend had enormous faith, strength and love for her family.  She was an amazing and caring teacher and loved by so many students and parents.  It will be a difficult service to go to on Thursday, but a celebration of such a wonderful, inspiring woman.  I know I will never forget her.  I went for a soft, vintage look and paired my new Cosmo Cricket paper with some older October Afternoon.  I had this lovely yellow doily waiting and willing to be used in my scrap stash…I think it was the perfect addition, especially for this week’s colours.  Have a glorious day!!  Only a few more days and I’m off for the summer!!  Thanks for stopping by…come back tomorrow for my final post at the Featured Stamper over on A Passion for Papertrey…there’s another contest starting tomorrow!! 

signature

CR84FN32 Graphic

what’s in it?

stamps: verve forever in our hearts, gina K lovely labels 3

ink: versafine onyx, su kiwi kiss

paper: pti cream, rustic cream, spring moss, cosmo cricket and october afternoon dps

accessories: pti doily die, ribbon, buttons, pearls, labels 20 nestabilities, stitching, ek success large doily border punch

11 comments:

Marisa said...

So sorry to hear about your former colleague. Always heartbreaking to hear such news. Sure your card will touch the family. Love the green DP with the flowers and the focal sentiment panel is great. Wonderfully topped off with a pop of turquoise. Enjoy your last week!

Lisa Elton said...

You pulled off the soft vintage feel beautifully. I'm sure your friend's family will greatly appreciate the love you have put into this card. You will all be in my prayers ~ God Bless.

Lynn said...

Oh Maureen, I am so very sorry to hear about your friend, I am sure her family will appreciate your support. A gorgeous card for them.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Maureen. Your card is just gorgeous and will not doubt be appreciated. Thanks for playing with CR84FN!

Arlene said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. This card will surely be appreciated by your friend's family. Very pretty card.

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Andrea M said...

Maureen, so sorry to hear about your friend :(
This card is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure it family will feel comforted by such a thoughtful, beautiful card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Maureen! Love the scalloped border and the beautiful label! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, Maureen. I'm sure the family will appreciate this lovely card. It is very soft and pretty with a wonderful sentiment! Take care!:-)

Deborah Frings said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. This card is just so beautiful, and that sentiment is lovely. I'm sure they will really appreciate it. Thanks for joining in with CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Maureen, BEAUTIFUL sympathy card~so sorry for the reason. LOVE your papers, your layers, and your FAB bow! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Janelle said...

Well, I'm catching up with you (finally!) and determined that I couldn't comment on all 20 (or whatever) posts that I'm behind, but I couldn't let this one go by without saying something. I'm so sorry that you had to make a sympathy card for the passing of a former co-worker, but what a lovely card you came up with. Love the sentiment and love how you mounted it up on the buttons, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...