Thursday, September 29, 2011

Friends ‘til the End

friendtillend

Good morning!!  It’s been a strange week with me feeling a little out of sorts on the home front.  As many of you know, I am in between homes…the one I lived in for 15 years and the new one we are building.  I thought I had settled in well enough at my dad’s house (the house I grew up in!) but this week everything feels odd again.  Hmmm, maybe it’s just that SOOOO much is happening at the new house that I can’t keep up!! LOL  Anyways, I thought maybe what I needed was a little studio time, albeit at night :)  This week’s challenge over at the colourQ Blog is to pick a favourite past Colour Queen and CASE her using this week’s set of colours.  I narrowed it down to 4 cards, then picked this simple stunner as I kept going back to it time after time.  The original card is by Laurie over on Soapbox Creations.  I am a fan of Laurie’s clean and simple style…a little different than mine, but that’s what I love!  I totally admire how CAS looks so visually rich by having very little there, KWIM?  It’s succinct, like saying what you mean in as few words as possible (hmmm, not like today’s post! LOL)  I found the perfect paper again that has all the challenge colours!!  This time thanks to Basicgrey’s Sweet Threads :) 

cqc80

cqc104

Okay, how about a few more house photos?  The painters have been in the house for a week, but the actual colours only got started 2 days ago.  Good thing I went up the first day as they were painting the guest ensuite the wrong colour!! They were using the guest room colour instead of the one I had chosen.  Not a problem, it’s just paint and they had just started the first coat :)  Crisis averted! LOL  The last photo is the grey scratch coat that goes on the outside of the house before the coloured stucco.  Thanks so much for visiting :) 

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: verve making a statement

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, su espresso, basicgrey dp

accessories: gems, pti ribbon

sept27guestroomensuite

Guest Room Ensuite – wrong colour

Sept28guestsuitepaint

Guest room = greeny grey, guest ensuite = light blue

Sept28exteriorgraycoat

exterior grey coat

10 comments:

TannyP said...

Love this CAS card - you do everything so well. The ribbon is fabulous and the colors are perfect. You and your perfect bows =)

The house looks fantastic!!!

Tanya said...

Beautiful! Love the clean look and that BG paper! Your bows are always awesome, I need to learn to tie like that. The house is lookin' good! See ya!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh this card is perfectly simple! I agree, Laurie is a very talented designer. Love how you rocked these colors. Hugs to you!!

Marisa said...

Love her style too and you have cased it wonderfully with this card :) Sorry to hear you are out of sorts...when I'm really busy and have a million things coming at me (like now) I get out of sorts too. Hugs and hope today is a better day! Glorious sunshine here is definitely helping so hope you have it too :)

sandie said...

I love how sleek this cards look. You make i all look so easy. The combo of colours works so well. I am only having my very tiny kitchen re-done and that is a nightmare so I can imagine you are out of sorts but hang in there it will be gorgeous when done

Aimes said...

You know I love it when you do CAS, Diva! You totally rock it and even manage to de-hoard some of your DP collection at the same time!
This is one scrummy take on Laurie's card!
Were your painters originally painting the guest ensuite green? Y'know it wouldn't have been a biggie if they were - I don't mind having a green ensuite ;D
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Heidi said...

love the simplicity of this card, you did a great job on it.

Lynn said...

Hi there Moe, I hope your day got a bit better. Came home and had a glass of wine today which is not normal mid week for me. Wish you were here to join me. :)

I love all those big scrumptious polka dots...gorgeous CASE of Laurie's card.

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card, Maureen. Exactly like Laurie's card. Thanks for joining us this week for the two year anniversary of the ColourQ.

Unknown said...

I've always loved this card. But then I like pretty much everything Laurie makes. Great job...I really like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...