Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Birthday Wishes

birthdaywishes

Good morning!  Things are moving along at the new house and I’m happy to report that phone, t.v. and internet will be hooked up on November 5, our tentative move in date :)  Yahoo!!  Today’s card uses this week’s Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch :)  I have missed a few weeks, but am so hoping that maybe this week I’ll be the lucky winner of a FREE stamp set…I have a few sets on my wish list  ;)  I kept the colours fairly neutral for a softer look.  I wanted to use green for the leaves, but that would have put the card off too much, so I opted for River Rock, a greenish neutral.  Brown might have worked too, but I wanted a softer look.  I was so happy to try out more of my doily stamps…LOVE how they fit in the large scalloped nestabilities :)  Have a wonderful day!! The week is half over!! Woohoo!

signature

6250735312_882f4aa8e2_b 

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzingmouse large doily, fancy phrases, verve bloom and grow

ink: versafine onyx, su sahara, river rock, close to cocoa

paper: pti cream, kraft, MME sunshine

accessories: verve elegant leaves die, pti button, twine, doily and banner dies, large scallop nestability, recollections flower, gems, SU seam binding, stitching

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy dance for the move in date!

Love the soft muted color tones...and that MME paper in the background is gorgeous!

I'm heading back home from KC this afternoon. Looking forward to being home with my boys!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love the neutral palette for this card with all the pretty flowers, bows and scallops. Great news for the move-in date. That's not far off!

How was the pumpkin patch? Let's talk soon!

Marisa said...

Lovely, soft color pallet and the river rock works great! Loving that flower and how you layered it on top of the die cuts.

Hope you got a good night's rest after the pumpkin patch :)

Pauline said...

A gorgeous card, so many lovely details, beautiful colour scheme.

Luanne said...

So glad to hear you've got a move it date! Hope everything finishes up nicely and all goes according to plan. :-) I love River Rock for your leaves, it works perfectly. Your card is marvelous! Have a great day!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful Maureen. I love all your layers of stamps and die cut doilies, and that flower...it stunning. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week.

Vickie Z said...

Ahhh...now why didn't I realize those doilies fit the scalloped nesties!! Love the overall soft feel of this card!! Whoo hooo on the move in date!!

Deborah Frings said...

Your card is beautifully elegant, and I do like this soft colour palette! It's just lovely.

I've been and had a look at the house photos - it's looking amazing! Hope all goes well with the connections!

Meghan said...

This colour palette is gorgeous. Great layout too! Happy moving day on the 5th!

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is so beautiful, Maureen! I love the layering of the doilies, die cuts, and flowers! The soft cream color are so sophisticated and serene! Somebody is going to be a very lucky girl when she gets this on her birthday! I say "she" because it's girly perfection!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the muted colors. This card is just so pretty! The doilies are now on my wish list!
Mackie

Carla said...

what a lovely card. I like the colors!
Love from Holland

Robin said...

Wow! Beautiful take on the sketch!!
Robin

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous use of the sketch, love the build up of elements for the main circle, looks fab! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!!

JJ Bolton said...

Love that you went with a mix of neutrals for this one! The layers are just beautiful!

Sharron said...

Wonderful combo of neutral, muted colors! Love the layering and use of the doilies. Everything looks so soft and feminine--and SO gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...