Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Friend

St. Pat’s Fact: The actual color of St. Patrick is blue. Green became associated with St. Patrick's Day during the 19th century. Green, in Irish legends, was worn by fairies and immortals, and also by people to encourage their crops to grow.

myfriend

Good morning!  Well, it seemed taking a night off from stamping worked last night :)  I feel refreshed and a card sketch popped into my head as I got home from work :)  The colours are from the colourQ challenge this week and I’ve made sure I followed the colours to a capital “T,” including not adding a 5th colour from the picture (I have a habit of doing that! Sorry! ;)  I will confess to this card having a “blooper” though…see if you can find it and let me know in a comment!! It’s always fun to have a game going!! LOL  And no, it’s not that it’s NOT a St. Patrick’s Day card!! LOL  I thought I’d throw you all and make a CAS friendship card :)  It could also be a little birthday shout out to blog buddy, Heidi, for today is her birthday :)  Happy Birthday Girl!!  Thanks for stopping by…have you figured out the blooper? 

signature

cqc128

 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti botanical silhouettes, Hero Arts Watch Gears

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray

paper: pti rustic cream

accessories: may arts ribbon, pti buttons, twine

14 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Well, it looks perfect to me! But I guess the clock is sideways! I do love it though and probably wouldn't have noticed the clock if you didn't point it out! LOL!

Christina said...

Your "blooper" must be inside the card, because I don't see anything remotely wrong with the front! :) That is such a fun ribbon treatment and a great CAS design. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at the ColourQ!

Marisa said...

Too early in the morning for me to find an error, but I think I agree with Dee in that the numbers on the clock seem to be upside down - not that I would have noticed all on my own LOL! Have a great day :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous, Maureen - I love that ribbon treatment! So COOL! And the layout is really terrific, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen, love your design, the stamping random behind the ribbon! Thanks for the green fiy! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ each week and sharing your cards!

kasia c. said...

Maureen, this is fabulous! I love all of those gears, what a great stamp. Love the ribbon/button treatment too. :)

Christine said...

I've been enjoying your cards and the St. Patrick's Day trivia. The 17th is our anniversary...actually, that's pretty common among my teaching colleagues who married during Spring Break.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the shout out girl, I have had fabulous weather this year- it hit 70 degrees.

The card is wonderful and honestly no one would have noticed the clock if you had not told them. You are too funny.

Have a fab day!
Heidi

LeAnne said...

Oh, I always love what you do, even if the clock is stamped upside down! It looks better that way anyway...just consider it creative license! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the CQC!

Lynn said...

You are such a goof :) I had to stare for a bit to realize the clock didn't have the 12 at the top. I love this...the ribbon with the button at the top and the three on it are awesome. What a great way to get in the shades of green and I love the soft, soft gray stamping.

Aimes said...

Simply stunning, Diva! I saw no bloopers at all on this CAS beauty - must be that gorgeous green ribbon and those buttons distracting my eyes!
Aaaah OK so I've cribbed the answer from Lynn....well I prefer the clock on its side! Especially if the time it tells means I can catch a few extra winks LOL!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun layout! The buttons are a perfect match for the clockwork gears! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Maureen, love that ribbon so much.

Kelly Griglione said...

Love it - so simple, yet so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...