Monday, February 4, 2013

May Happiness Be Your Destination

lifesadventuresmaureenplut

Hello again!  Wow, it’s Monday and I’ve got 2 posts!  LOL  I’m back with my CAS Online Card Class homework for Day 6.  Today we were given more CAS sketches with a couple of fun techniques.  I chose to do Kristina’s sketch and background tone on tone effect.   I stamped my Newpaper Eiffel Tower background onto PTI’s soft stone with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I added a hit of colour with patterned paper and completed my focal point with the sentiment stamped on balsa wood.  I turned the balsa banner into a tag by adding a jumbo eyelet and some bakers twine.  Thanks for visiting again! 

signature

 

what’s in it?

stamps: hero arts newpaper eiffel tower, essential messages

ink: versafine onyx, versamark

paper: pti rustic white, soft stone, doodlebug design lovebirds

accessories: mft banner dies, balsa wood, bakers twine, white embossing powder, su jumbo eyelet

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, my! That background is gorgeous, Maureen! Love the pop of color with that pretty patterned paper! Wonderful card! :)

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. And, I just got that background stamp, and it did not even occur to me to use it for this. I'm definitely going to be 'trying this at home'. The tone on tone is so sophisticated.

Marisa said...

So fun watching you "do your homework" :) Love the BG you created!

Sandi said...

Fun card!

Christina said...

What a pretty background. I love how you added the punch of colorful paper behind the wood tag--it contrasts beautifully with the white embossing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...