Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Courage

couragemaureenplut

Good morning!  Today’s card is for the Simon Says Stamp and Show this week.  The challenge is to use a favourite quote.  Hmm, that is an impossible task as I’m a words gal.  So I picked a card I made recently with this beautiful and inspiring quote.  To me this talks about perseverance.  Perseverance is a virtue that is so underrated in our “get it now, instant gratification, disposable, text me now” world.  I love watching my little students persevere and try harder each day.  How inspiring to me!  Have a lovely day!  Be Courageous!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Making a Statement, Blue Skies (Verve)

paper: white (PTI), Lively (Authentique)

ink: onyx (Versafine), autumn rose (PTI)

accessories:  rounded scalloped frame (A Cut Above by Verve), seam binding ribbon (Etsy shop), wood veneer bird (Studio Calico), button/twine (PTI)

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...when I read your blog post it made my heart happy. Made me immediately think of my Collin. He works so hard.

Love your card...the sweet little bird along with the quote is perfection. Makes me think of giving them the courage to fly. xoxo

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Love your quote...

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the sentiment.

Helen F. said...

OH how wonderful, Maureen. LOVE this quote! Such a beautiful card to showcase this meaningful quote too :)

Marisa said...

Love that quote and wonderfully stated post - I full heartedly agree!!

Darling little bird you added to the bow. Quiet day here today as we are all wiped out from our trip to Seattle LOL! Enjoying the sunshine to the max, that's for sure! Hoping you have it too :)

Candy C said...

Maureen...I LOVE your sentiment! That is such a wonderful expression; full of hope and inspiration! Your card is so pretty. I love the shabby, vintage feel of it. The little bird strip of paper and embellishment are so cute and a wonderful embellishment for you card. The scalloped cardstock around your sentiment is also very striking. I like your layered design, too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Moe! I just love that little bird with the button. Such a sweet little embellie!

A.J said...

Adorable. Your little bird is so sweet.!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...