Sunday, July 21, 2013

Now Join Hands & Hearts

joinhandsmaureenplut

Good morning!  I have a super fun post today!  I mentioned last year that my bonus son, Brian, and his girlfriend, Ashlee, got engaged.  Well, fast forward a year and a half later and you have us making the final countdown to the big day.  Yesterday was my future bonus daughter in law’s lingerie bridal shower (wow, that’s a mouthful!).  I knew I had to make a special and unique card for such an occasion.  I dug out one of my favourite love sentiments and then lifted this photo from Ashlee’s FB page.  I think it is perfect for this Shakespeare quote.  I also had fun wrapping up the gift.  When I heard it was a lingerie theme, “naughty” and “nice” popped into my head…with a little experience and wisdom from yours truly {wink,wink, HA!}.  Here are the bags and tags…you’ll have to use your imagination for the outfits that went into each bag! {wink again!}  Meow!

 IMG_7235

Here’s a little tip on making these tags…when I went to tie the “NAUGHTY” tag, it was upside down!  I had made it exactly the same way the “nice” was oriented, which meant it was upside down when tied to the other side!  Luckily the die cut letters had fresh glue so it was easy to peel them off, flip the tag over and re-adhere.  Phew!

IMG_7236 

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back tomorrow as I host Day 7 of the Verve Diva Dare! 

signature

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. Laughing about what might be inside those bags...and I'm sure Brian can't wait to see what Ashlee received at her show yesterday! :) The card is amazing. Their picture together is perfect...and Brian's silhouette looks like a young Tony! The sentiment in vellum is simply perfect.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun packaging! I have made a photo card to personalize [so long ago I forgot about it!] Thanks for the reminder -- nothing is better for your "bonus" family! Love that also BTW - bonus!!

Barb said...

Wow! What a special card, Maureen! Love how you angled the vellum piece! And your packaging is so fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle at what's in the bag? Love the quote and your packaging! Great sentiment!

Tammy said...

What a fabulous card! I'm sure it's one that won't get tossed away or stored in a box. It's a great one to display for years to come! Super fun packaging too! You're a pretty cool "bonus" mother-in-law!!

Tigriswillreign said...

Love the card and the quote! The "naughty and nice" theme is GENIUS!

JoAnn said...

Love the photo and your card is fabulous and so are the gift bags and tags. TFS

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, that I'm sure will be treasured always, and I just love how your bags pair together perfectly! So fun!

Vickie Z said...

Really cool card....fabulous!! Your bags are too funny!!

Unknown said...

beautiful photo card! i love that you call him your bonus son :)

Those gift bags are genius! awesome design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...