Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Day of Autumn

 

Happily we bask in this warm September sun,

which illuminates all creatures…”

~Henry David Thoreau

autumntrees

Good morning!  It’s the first day of Fall and though I’ve always tried to love Fall and Winter, my cold hands and feet are a tad bit leery of it all.  However, I do love the colours and sights of autumn and this fabulous quote from Verve’s Autumn Splendor.  Hope your autumn has started with a smile and a song :)  Come back tomorrow for the first Sneak Peeks at some NEW Verve

signature

7 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I love fall and your card reminds me of that feeling! So pretty!

Lynn said...

So pretty how you've added the layer of patterned paper on the corner of the card...and added a touch of stamping over the card. Beautiful Moe!

Tammy said...

Definitely felt the chill during my morning jog today, but this card just screams the warmth of fall!

Barb said...

Love this beautiful design, Maureen! The torn paper looks wonderful and what a gorgeous bow!

Marisa said...

Love the veneer maple leaf and apple - so cute and great paper with the lovely torn edge. I hear you about the cold part of Fall -- a hoodie or a blanket is never far away for extra warmth!

Christine said...

What a wonderful card! I love the way you tore the DP on the diagonal. I am filing that idea away as I have a tendency to love pattern and also to allow it to overpower the card. This is a great way to tone it down. Also love the big, fluffy bow. Thanks for sharing.

Joan B said...

i love fall and your take on it is beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...