Friday, January 10, 2014

Happiness is Being with You

beminemaureenplut

TGIF!  It’s Friday and the start of my second semester!  As much as I’ve enjoyed 4 weeks off from reading and paper writing, I have missed my cohort.  PLUS the first class is always easy…no homework due! LOL  Today’s card uses the new Viva La Verve sketch designed by Diva Teresa.  I broke out some new BoBunny paper and flipped through my Verve stamp binders to find the images I wanted to use.  I’m so happy to see the chalkboard look is still around so created another Occasion Frame chalkboard to layer under the Classy Label die.  I love looking for other sentiments that can be used instead of the traditional Valentine’s ones.  I thought this sentiment form Treasured Words fit that bill!  I just love the way it fits perfectly onto the Classy Label shape :)

VLVJan14Week2Sketch

Did you know that the Viva La Verve challenge has its own blog now?  PLUS any card you make all month long is eligible for the monthly grand prize of $100 in Verve GCs!  The more you play, the more chances you have!  I love it!  Head over to the new VLV Blog and check out more samples of this week’s sketch!

signature

VLVBadgeNew

 

what’s in it?

stamps: Treasured Words, Love Notes, On Occasion, Twitterpatted

paper: white, sweet blush, black (PTI), Head Over Heels (BoBunny)

ink: basic grey (SU), sweet blush, autumn rose (PTI)

accessories: Classy Label and Occasion Frame dies (Verve), journal tab die (PTI), staple, chipboard hearts (Pink Paislee), sequins (Etsy shop), gems (Kaisercraft), white embossing powder (PTI)

5 comments:

Barb said...

Love the stripes and hearts together and what a wonderful color combo too! Beautiful card, Maureen!

Marisa said...

One of my favorite colour combos :) Love the little heart paper in the BG and those bold stripes. Great use of the frame and sentiment. Rainfall warning down here (50 mm)so wondering if you'll get tons of snow this w/e! Happy Friday :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so fabulous, Moe! Love your hearts and bling and all the fabby papers!

Lynn said...

I love the sweet little tiny hearts in the background paper...and the script chipboard hearts are divine. Why can't I use hearts on my cards...I have a bazillion (in official terms) heart dies...that are neglected. Your gorgeous card motivates me to give it another try!

Aimes said...

Roll on semester two, Diva! :D
What a super sweet card! Don't think that I haven't spotted that adorable staple down there...! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...